Guests with disabilities have access to comfortable staterooms and suites, along with a full range of services, facilities and amenities, including auxiliary aids, on every Disney Cruise Line ship and Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay.
Most Guest areas aboard ship—including theaters, restaurants and shops—are accessible to all our Guests. In some cases, such as when utilizing tender services or in pools, Guests may need to transfer from their wheelchairs to utilize the facility, and this transfer may require the assistance of a member of their party. Therefore, we recommend that Guests plan to sail with someone who can physically assist them when necessary. Please also be advised that in certain situations, it may be impossible for Guests using wheelchairs to transfer to the tenders due to safety concerns.
Special Access, Seating and Entrances
Special viewing areas at scheduled onboard activities are set aside for Guests using wheelchairs while on their vacation. Assistance with accessible seating at the Walt Disney Theatre can also be arranged by contacting a Crew Member outside the theater entrance at least 10 minutes prior to show time.
At any time during your cruise, Crew Members can answer your questions about wheelchair-accessible entrances to restaurants, lounges, common areas and restrooms.
All Disney Cruise Line ships offer accessible staterooms and suites. These staterooms are equipped with the following features for Guests with disabilities:
- 32″ (minimum) doorways
- Ramped bathroom thresholds
- Open bed frames
- Additional phones in the bathroom and on the nightstand
- Bathroom and shower handrails
- Fold-down shower seats
- Hand-held shower heads
- Lowered towel and closet bars
- Emergency call buttons
Disney Cruise Line offers special equipment for Guests with disabilities. The following is available upon request for use in any stateroom:
- Bed board
- Portable toilet
- Raised toilet seat
- Shower stool
- Transfer bench
- Stateroom Communication Kits containing door knock and phone alerts, phone amplifier, bed shaker notification, a strobe light smoke detector and a Text Typewriter (TTY)
Personal Mobility Equipment
To ensure the safety of all Guests, it is strictly prohibited to park personal mobility equipment in Guest corridors or stairwell landings.
Safety regulations require that all Guest personal equipment—including wheelchairs, electric mobility scooters, ECVs and strollers—must be stored in one of the following 2 areas when not in use:
- Wheelchair-Accessible Staterooms: Consider booking a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, which has a 32-inch entrance door and features a wider path of travel inside the stateroom. Typical staterooms have a narrower entrance door (25.5 inches) and may not have the interior space to accommodate mobility equipment.
- Alternative Parking: If you find that your mobility equipment will not fit inside your stateroom, you will be asked to park your equipment in the designated area equipped with electrical outlets. On the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, parking is located on Deck 6 Midship, just behind the elevators. On the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy, parking is located on Deck 2 Midship, just outside Enchanted Garden.
Guests are responsible for parking their mobility equipment in one of these designated areas.
Disney’s Castaway Cay:
On Disney’s Castaway Cay, provisions for Guests with disabilities include the following:
- Paved pathways throughout the main promenade, providing access to shops and restaurants
- Sand wheelchairs, available free of charge and on a first-come, first-served basis
- A tram equipped to allow Guests in manual and electric wheelchairs to board
- Accessible restrooms
Guests with hearing disabilities have access to a number of provisions to ensure enjoyment of their vacation, including:
- Assistive listening systems at theaters and other performance venues
- Guest Assistance Packets containing show scripts, available at the Guest Services Desk
- Stateroom Communication Kits containing a base unit with alarm clock, bed shaker notification, door bell and phone alerts, phone amplifier, smoke detector with a strobe light and a TTY. Guests can arrange to receive this kit at the time of booking, or through Guest Services onboard
- Open captioning on a Guest’s stateroom TV may be activated for the duration of the cruise by contacting Disney Cruise Line Special Services prior to sailing or contacting Guest Services once onboard the ship. In addition, common area video monitors may also be available with captions. However, Guests should be aware that due to satellite limitations, not all video sources or television signals are available with a caption playback option.
Children with Disabilities:
Youth Activities are open to children ages 3-17 who are fully potty trained, able to interact comfortably within our counselor-to-child ratio groups and with peers of their own physical size. Teen and tween activities are also available in separate areas away from younger children.
Parents may make a request with the Youth Activities team onboard to have a child with disabilities partake in modified participation for a limited time period during the cruise. Our ability to fulfill the request will depend upon the child’s needs, the availability of counselors, program participation and other applicable considerations. Disney Cruise Line cannot guarantee that all special requests will be accommodated.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate anyone with a contagious disease or who shows symptoms of illness; children who require one-on-one care; a child or adult who wishes to participate in an age group much younger/smaller than their physical age/size; children who need the attention of a counselor with special training; or children who need counselor-assisted medical attention.
More Information and Special Reservations:
If you would like to request accommodations for Guests with disabilities, please discuss your needs with the Vacation with the Magic Vacation Planner.
For questions and more information please call (978) 263-5854 [voice]. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to dial this number.
An electronic brochure for those with a visual impairment is available by clicking here.
Special Services Information Form
If you or a member of your travel party has special medical needs, please complete and submit the Special Services Information Form 30 days prior to the start of your vacation. This optional form allows you to:
- Arrange for wheelchair access and/or lift
- Specify if a wheelchair-accessible stateroom is required
- Reserve a communication kit for Guests with hearing disabilities
- Request a sharps box for medication
- Indicate if you will be traveling with a service animal
- Learn about the dietary request policy onboard our ships
While we can’t guarantee all requests will be honored, we will do our very best to accommodate your travel party.
What are you waiting for? Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Paris, Disney's Hilton Head Island, Disney Vero Beach Resort or any other Disney Destination! Click below for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. We offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and our services are 100% FREE!
For our new Guests: Check us out on:
Facebook FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/VacationwiththeMagic
Start planning your Disney Vacation Today!