by Kelly Vanarsdall, Food and Beverage Standards Manager, Disney Cruise Line
Why not try a new sweet each day during your weeklong vacation aboard the Disney Fantasy? Sweet on You is your one-stop shop for all things yummy, from hand-crafted gelato and ice cream to decadent chocolates, candies and more. Start with two scoops, and then pick out something special from the colorful display of assorted desserts.
Keeping with the shop’s colorful and whimsical décor, each dessert is artfully crafted with charming details. The recipe I’m sharing with you today puts a new spin on classic Rice Krispies treats. Try it first at home, and then head on into Sweet on You during your next Disney Fantasy cruise!
Rice Krispies Bars
Makes 35 Rice Krispies bars
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1.5 cup mini marshmallows
- 5.5 ounces Rice Krispy’s cereal
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- Candy for garnish
- Place the cereal in a mixing bowl with the raspberry jam and red food coloring.
- Melt the butter and mini marshmallows in a bowl.
- Fold the melted marshmallow mixture into the cereal mixture until combined.
- Spread the mixture into Twinkie molds, or another shape of your choice, and demold in 5 minutes.
- Garnish with candy if desired.
What are you waiting for? Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Paris, Disney's Hilton Head Island, Disney Vero Beach Resort or any other Disney Destination! Click below for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. We offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and our services are 100% FREE!
For our new Guests: Check us out on:
Facebook FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/VacationwiththeMagic
Start planning your Disney Vacation Today!