Multigenerational travel brings the entire family together to enjoy exciting adventures and make memories to last a lifetime. There is no more welcoming place than Walt Disney World Resort.
“Walt Disney World celebrates the endearing relationship that exists between grandparents and grandchildren,” said Sarah Sinoff, director of marketing strategy, Walt Disney World Resort. “An adventure between grandparents and their grandchildren is like none other and the everyday doesn’t apply.”
A recent Walt Disney World Parks and Resorts survey showed that 1 in 5 grandparents have been on a Disney vacation with their grandchildren. That same survey showed that 54 percent of grandparents in the United States strongly agreed that they wish more time could be spent with their grandchildren. Similar studies conducted across the nation show that families are increasingly using multigenerational travel to bond and rediscover each other.
AAA recently shared these key findings from a national survey on the multigenerational travel trend:
- Multigenerational family vacations were up 4 percent in 2014 from the previous year
- More than one-third, or 36 percent, of families are planning to take a multigenerational family trip in the next 12 months
From Disney’s world-class attractions in the theme parks and water parks, to character dining, to time at the themed Resort hotels, to recreation fun and more, there’s plenty of magic for guests to enjoy together.
Some of the highlights appealing to multigenerational families include:
- Magic Kingdom: New Fantasyland, “it’s a small world” and the Wishes Fireworks Spectacular are some of the must-do’s for families. Families will delight in the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade and the new family coaster Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- Epcot: Families can go Soarin’, explore 11 countries in World Showcase, and close the evening with the IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Explore Kilimanjaro Safaris, DinoLand U.S.A. and “Festival of the Lion King,” as well as close encounters with fascinating wildlife at every turn.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania for friendly family competition, and Fantasmic! Nighttime extravaganza.
- Disney’s Water Parks: Splash into fun at two water parks – Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon – where families can enjoy play areas designed especially for little ones, scenic lazy rivers and family raft rides such as Teamboat Springs where up to six guests can get in on the action.
- Character dining: From Chef Mickey’s, to Cinderella’s Royal Table at Cinderella Castle, to many more opportunities in the parks and resorts, large groups can delight in an immersive character dining experience together.
- MyMagic+:MyMagic+ is an innovative new way for families visiting Walt Disney World Resort to make the most of their stay by providing more planning and customization tools than ever before. With features such as FastPass+ and Memory Maker, it’s easier than ever to enjoy time together and capture memories with the people who matter most.
- Memory Maker: Memory Maker, a Disney PhotoPass Service product, includes guests’ photos from select attractions and Disney Character dining locations for one price. Guests can capture as many photos as they like and enjoy unlimited digital downloads through their MyDisneyExperience account.
- A Suite Vacation: Walt Disney World Resort hotels are uniquely themed to transport the entire family to a whole different world. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, consisting primarily of family suites for up to six guests, immerses families traveling together into the magical world of classic Disney and Disney Pixar films. Offering signature service, exquisite rooms and full kitchens, Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts give families a unique way to explore their options when vacationing together.
For more information about multigenerational travel to Walt Disney World Resort contact one of our Magic Planners, they are standing by to assist you in your unforgettable Disney vacation.
What are you waiting for? Let’s start planning your visit to Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Disney Cruise Line, Disneyland Paris, Disney's Hilton Head Island, Disney Vero Beach Resort or any other Disney Destination! Click below for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. We offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and our services are 100% FREE!
For our new Guests: Check us out on:
Facebook FAN PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/VacationwiththeMagic
Start planning your Disney Vacation Today!